Although many other social media sites exist, including Instagram, Twitter, and Tiktok, Facebook is arguably Mark Zuckerberg’s most well-known creation. The homepage, status updates, and photo uploads remain popular free-time activities for many Facebook users.
Moreover, some of you must be experiencing Facebook issues, the most common of which is forgetting one’s Facebook password. If you forget your password, how can you access Facebook? In the event that you forget your Facebook password, you can reset it in a number of ways, including via SMS, Google, email, and even trusted friends.
If you forget your Facebook password and your mobile number is no longer active, you can get it back with the help of your email and friends. If you frequently forget your Facebook password, how do you log in? Here are some suggestions for how to proceed..
1. How to Recover Your Facebook Password via Text Message
Here’s how to send an message to modify your password:
- Launch the browser on your phone or computer and log in to your Facebook account.
- Then, after clicking “Search”, enter your phone number.
- After that click “try another way”.
- Select “Send Code via message” and key in the One-Time Password (OTP).
- Then, after thinking of a secure new password, click “Next”.
- Use the password you just made to log in.
2. How to Open Facebook Forgot Password via Google
In addition, if you have a Google account, you can use that to modify your existing password.
- Launch your web browser and sign in to your social media account.
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for Facebook.
- You can proceed by clicking the “use my Google account” button.
- Create a new password and double-check it for accuracy.
- You can login to your Facebook account with the same password that you used to create it.
3. How to Open Facebook Forgot Password via Email
You can then modify the new password using the email address you provided during registration.
- To do so, please visit https://id-id.facebook.com/login/identify in your web browser.
- Enter the Facebook account email address you used to sign up for the service, and the code will be sent to that address.
- Next, open your email and take note of the verification code.
- The next step is to watch for the prearranged email notification.
- Make a new password, and if it’s secure, you can use it to re-login to your Facebook account.
4. How to Open Facebook Forgot Password via Friend Contacts
Finally, here’s how you and a trusted contact or friend can update your Facebook password:
- Launch Facebook in your web browser.
- When prompted, select the “forgot password” link.
- After that, select “don’t have access here anymore”.
- Determine whether you’d prefer to call or meet with a Facebook friend or trusted contact to request assistance.
- Then, wait for the contact’s previously opened link to become available.
- In that case, please use the security code that you copied to set a new password.
- Make a fresh password.
- Using your phone number and the new password, you can then log into your Facebook account again.
- If you forgot your password, you can access Facebook by sending an SMS, using Google, or sending an email to a trusted contact.